Friday, April 14, 2006

Like Mother, Like Daughter?


Get ready for a sappy, soul searching therapy type blog post, for those who couldn’t care less, move on with your day…

I have spent so much time trying not to be like my mother that I haven’t invested enough time accepting myself. I need to believe that I am a good person, who deserves happiness. I say it, and “know” it, but I need to actually believe in within in my soul. I WILL be like her in many ways , I lived with her for 17 years of my life, (hmm, sort of like a pre-sentencing. But I wanna know what I am doing time for?)
I do have a lot of her unpleasant qualities (as you can see I am moving past the denial stage).
My sister and I have gotten validation from others that she was as we remember. Angry most of the time, emotionally unavailable (yes I watch Dr. Phil), controlling , and very self centred. So what I have tried to do most of my adult life is NOT be angry (the hardest one), be emotionally available ALL the time, and be selfless as much as possible without forgetting to eat. So that is my dilemma. I need to work on my positives, not keep focusing on what I don’t want to be. To grow the flower moves toward the light of the sun, not the darkness of the earth. OMG, that was a good one, I really ought to be published some day! LOL.


So here's to moving toward the sun!

A real quote “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most beautiful of all”
from the Disney movie Mulan.

No comments: