Saturday, January 20, 2007

Nicknames

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately and have notice that people have nicknames for their kids. Justine was easy she is so a DIVA. Cordell is the Golden Boy - as close to perfection as a 6 1/2 year old can get. But then there was Tate, I was having a hard time with him until...
Diva proudly noted that she had snuck into our bed last night. I then went through the explanation of how it is unfair to do that as then "Daddy and mommy have a bad sleep and then we are grumpy. And if we don't get enough sleep for a long time we can get sick".
Tate asks "what is the sickness called?" So I explain that there isn't one specific sickness, it just makes our bodies tired and we can get a cold or the flu more easliy.
So Tate says "I know what is could be called. Didntgetenoughsleepitis!"
So Tate's name is now Seinfeld (he is such a comedian, and adores Jerry Seinfeld and his type of comedy).
So there we have it.

2 comments:

M said...

I'm impressed. Your nicknames make sense. Whereas my child's nickname is bot. WTH is that business? Poor thing. Or botney (it doesn't even have a spelling. basically bot + knee) how bizarre and out there is that business.

And witty seinfeld-esque children are my kinda kids! Woo hoo for that funness!

Anonymous said...

love the nicknames and have to agree that Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my all time favorite movies as well.