Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Chocolate Carrot Cake

I got this recipe from the Company's Coming Breakfast and Brunches book.
I love carrot cake and I love chocolate cake, but I thought, "who the hell mixes the two?"
Well, you will after you have tried this cake! Here is the recipe, complete with chocolate cheese icing!


Chocolate Carrot Cake
4 lrg. eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 tsp. vanilla

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

3 cups grated carrot

Beat eggs together in bowl. Add sugar. Beat together well. Add cooking oil and vanilla. Beat together well.
Stir flour cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in sep. bowl. Add to egg misxture. Mix well.
Add carrot. Stir. Turn into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake in a 325'F oven for 40 - 45 mins until toothpick comes out clean. Cool.

Chocolate Cheese Icing
8 0z light cream cheese
1/4 cup butter or hard marg., softened
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups icing sugar

1 tbsp instant coffee granules
1 tbsp boiling water
*** I don't even have instant coffee in my house, so I used 2 tbsp of hot coffee, worked fine!

Combine 1st 5 ingredients in bowl. Beat on low to moisten. Beat on medium until fluffy and light.
Stir in coffee , beat.

Top cake with icing and serve!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey Devious Tawnja!
so glad you stopped by my blog, but even better that you posted!
Always love to see a fellow blogger/scrapbooker :)
Love your scrap room!
when can I come out and scrap with you?
yep, going to the US convention, hope you can too!
so far I'm going by myself...lol
e

Lisa said...

Mmmm, thanks for the recipie. Gonna give it a try and yes, your scrapbooking room looks great (it sure feels good to get organized doesn't it). Great job on the Blog!!!

rebecca said...

Tawnja:

I couldn't find how to email you, so just thought I'd tell ya yes I'm from Alberta - the closest scrapbook store to me is Scrapbookers Paradise in Lethbridge so if I ever need anything that's where I shop. Glad you stopped by my blog! :) Now I'm off to check out that chocolate carrot cake recipe! Yum!